Mmmmmedallions! Game day appetizers have never tasted so good.
Beef Tenderloin Tails, also known as Beef Tenderloin Tips, are the tapered ends of the tenderloin, and come from the most tender beef muscle, which make them mouthwateringly fabulous. This cut of meat is a great choice for making BIGGER THAN BITE SIZE Beef Tenderloin Medallions.
Where does this cut come from?
“Beef Tenderloin Tails” are located at the narrow tip of the tenderloin. This cut of meat is perfect for making medallions. SPOILER ALLERT: More Medallion recipes to come!
Now for the Recipe …
First things first. Get your Beef Tenderloin Tails out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you begin. Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Bacon from State Street Meats
Beef Tenderloin Tails from State Street Meats
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
- Get your Bacon cooking, stop when it’s floppy but finished.
- While the Bacon’s cooking, combine the seasonings in a quart-sized Ziploc bag and shake mixing thoroughly.
- Slice the Beef Tenderloin Tails from State Street Meats into 1 1/2 inch thick medallions.
- Generously cover each side of the Beef Tenderloin Tails with the seasonings and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Your bacon should be ready! Wrap the steak with the precooked floppy bacon and secure with a toothpick. If they’re long bacon slices, you can cut them in half before wrapping. (The toothpicks come in handy later when guests start loading up their plates!)
- Place each medallion on the baking sheet. Bake for about 2 ½ minutes, then flip over and bake for another 2 ½ minutes. Oven temps vary, so you may want to do a bit of a test run with one or two to get them to the perfect medium rare.
- Unlike many beef recipes, these BIGGER THAN BITE SIZE Beef Tenderloin Medallions are best served right away — no need for resting.