Here’s one for the slow cooker! Relax and wait for this savory St. Patrick’s Day favorite.
State Street Meats is ready with corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, and carrots! Since approximately the 9th/10th century, the Irish have been observing St. Patrick’s Day. Did you know that the first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in the United States? Records show that the first known St. Patrick’s Day parade was held on March 17, 1601 in what is now St. Augustine, Florida. It’s time to get to State Street Meats and prepare to celebrate this holiday 2023 style.
Now for the Recipe …
First things first. Get your corned beef out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you begin. Find your slow cooker and prepare for greatness.
2-4 lbs. Corned Beef Flats from State Street Meats
2 lbs. Red Potatoes from State Street Meats
Head of Cabbage from State Street Meats
5 Carrots from State Street Meats
1 large Yellow Onion
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Guinness Beers
- Slice Onion and lay in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add Corned Beef Flat and sprinkle with included seasoning packet.
- Add washed Red Potatoes. You may want to 1/2 them for quicker cooking time.
- Add washed, cut Carrots and Minced Garlic.
- Add Guinness Beer until the meat is covered.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on high for 5 hours OR on low for 8 hours. Either way, you’ll want to add the sliced Cabbage for the last 2 hours of cooking. It’s not all going to fit, so just add as much sliced Cabbage as your cooker allows.
- Cook until the meat and vegetables are tender. Slice meat to serve.