Oh yes we did!
It’s time to pick up some Tri-blend Burger from State Street Meats. Did you know that you can get 10 frozen 1# packages for $4.99 a lb at State Street Meats? That is $2 off per pound! Continue to enjoy this special price from now through the end of winter!
Earlier this week we posted “Not Your Granny’s Meatballs” and created quite a commotion. We are now crossing another line with this Spicy Meatball Stew recipe. This kind of comfort food will make you forget there’s a chill in the air.
Why State Street Meats Tri-Blend Burger?
The most important ingredient in this recipe is State Street Meats Tri-Blend Burger, and we’re gonna tell you why. The Tri-Blend is a blend of brisket, chuck and short-rib. Yes. Read that again. Oh my absolute goodness.
Now for the Recipe …
First things first. Make “Not Your Granny’s Meatballs” and enjoy them with company. If there are any left, refrigerate or freeze them to use in this Spicy Meatball Stew recipe.
3 Chopped Carrots
3 Chopped Celery Stalks
1 Chopped Large Sweet Onion
2 Diced Jalapeño Peppers (remove seeds)
5-6 cubed Golden Yukon Potatoes OR Pasta of your choice
3 cups Fresh Spinach or Kale (torn into pieces)
1-2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 tsp Italian Spices
Red Pepper Flakes to taste
1 tsp Chili Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
1tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cans Diced Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can Cannellini or Black Beans (strained and rinsed)
1 Can Beer (We Prefer Founders All Day IPA with this recipe! But you do you.)
1 Cup Chicken Broth (add more if you need more liquid)
Not Your Granny’s Meatballs – Click for RECIPE
- Chop carrots, celery, and onion. Dice Jalapeño peppers.
- Put about a tbsp of olive oil in a large stew pot over medium-high heat. Add ingredients from step 1 plus garlic and sauté in large stew pot for 7 ish minutes.
- Add Red Pepper Flakes, Chili Pepper, and Italian Spices.
- Add cans of tomatoes, strained/rinsed beans, beer, and chicken broth. Simmer to a boil.
- Add cubed potatoes OR pasta and cook till tender. You may need to add additional liquid to cover all ingredients. Beer or Chicken Broth will be great!
- Add spinach or kale. Cover and simmer on lowest setting. Let the flavors deepen for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat up the “Not Your Granny’s Meatballs” and add to stew bowls before serving.
- Flavor boost this recipe by serving it with your favorite sour dough bread. (And don’t forget the butter!!!)